IMPORTANT GRAD DATES –
BANQUET – June 7th – at Swan-E-Set Golf and Country Club – doors open at 5pm
DRY GRAD – June 7th – at Garibaldi Secondary School – doors open at 11:30pm
GRAD CEREMONY – June 13th (Thursday) – at Gateway Church in Abbotsford – ceremony starts at 5 pm (Doors open at 4 pm for grads and 4:15 pm for guests.)
GRAD HOODIE WINNING DESIGN IS-
The Grad Hoodie/T-shirt order forms can be picked up off the front table in the counselling office or printed off at home from the link below. If you want to try the sizes you may do so in the glass hallway at lunch – last chance is Thursday.
Grad clothing order form:
* If you missed the Student Transcript Service seminar, please attend the LAST group seminar will be held on November 27th right after school in the library.
Important message from the Parent Dry Grad Committee chair – Tamara Gardner
Hello Grad Parents,
Fundraisers for Dry Grad
Date change: The next dry grad parent meeting will be December 11 at 7:00 pm in the cafeteria.
If you are unable to attend but can still help out with anything listed below please let me know. Tamara Gardner: email@example.com or 604-467-9095
We have several fundraisers already planned, the first two are due by Nov. 23; with pickup on Tuesday Dec. 11 between 2:30-4:00 pm in the cafeteria.
- Gift cards ~ the order form is attached, please return the order form and payment (cash or cheque) to the main office by Nov 23. I will pick all the forms up at 3:00 pm and place the order that night. On the form you will see a % beside each company, that is the amount of money that we are given back in profits. This does not affect your gift card purchase, if you order a $25.00 gift card you will receive a $25.00 gift card, and the company we order the cards from give us a % back for the cards (eg. Save-On 4%, you buy a $50.00 gift card and receive a $50.00 gift card and our grad class gets $2.00 for that one card). This is an easy way to make money as the cards make great Christmas gifts and also you can purchase grocery cards for yourself and we get the profits! The more we sell the more we make and can put towards a great night for the kids. 2019 GARIBALDI SECONDARY DRY GRAD GIFT CARD ORDER FORM
- Poinsettias ~ the order form is attached; the orders and payment (cash or cheque) are due the same time as the gift cards. There are three different sizes of poinsettias to purchase and a new item for sale this year (if you are a repeat customer from other grad classes) called the poinsettia garden which includes poinsettias/tropical plants/Christmas decorations in a nice container. The profits for each size vary but again the more flowers you sell the more we make! 2019 Garibaldi Dry Grad Poinsettia Order Form
For every $50.00 that your child sells in all fundraisers throughout the year, they will receive one ticket that will go into the prize bucket to be drawn the night of the dry grad. The more that they sell the more tickets/chances they have to win.
3. Selling 50/50 tickets at a Vancouver Canucks game. We have been assigned the March 30th game vs. Dallas. This is the last Saturday of spring break. We need 10-15 volunteers (all over the age of 19) to sell the tickets. I require a list of volunteers willing to commit to this by Oct. 29th to give to the Canucks, if we not not have the minimum of 10 people we will not be able to participate. YAY!!! We have had 10 family members and 2 Garibaldi staff who have volunteered to participate.
– The plan for that night is to arrive at 5:00 pm as training is from 5-6 pm. Selling starts at 6:00 pm until the end of the second intermission. After the tickets and money are returned to the office you are allowed to stay and watch the game on the concourse. Volunteers also receive a 50% discount on food and non alcoholic beverages during their shift and they are eligible for $10.00 gift cards that are given away during the pre game training. For selling the 50/50 tickets at the one game our grad class will receive $1,000.00.
- Selling hot dogs in the cafeteria for the last two days before the winter break starts (the cafeteria is closed at that time). We need 1 parent to be the organizer, plus 2-3 parents for each day. We have had parents step up to organize this fundraiser.
- Dominos pizza cards…we can start selling these now, and the students can sell them at school. We purchase a card for $2.50 from Dominos and sell them for $10.00 so we make a profit of 7.50 per card. The card has one free pizza coupon, and nine coupons of “buy one pizza at regular prize and get one pizza free”. If you are interested please contact me with the number of cards you are wishing to sell.
Fundraisers in the new year include:
- Bottle drive ~ January 5th, 2019. We need a parent to oversee the day, plus as many parents (students) with trucks as possible to pick up bottles, plus as many parents and students as possible to sort everything back at the school. Start keeping all your bottles and cans now and ask all your friends, family and neighbours to save them too!!
- Pub night, this has been booked for February 2, 2019 at the Legion. We need 4 parents to sell 50/50 tickets, 4 parents for raffle prizes, and 2-3 parents for the toonie toss and assist with others for that night. We still need more parents to commit to helping with the pub night! Please email Tamara if you can assist.
- Hanging baskets/bedding plants (the order form will be sent out in the new year).
- Car wash in the school parking lot, we need as many parents and students as possible.
The car wash occurs Saturday May 11, the day before Mother’s Day, hanging baskets and bedding plants are picked up that day at the school.
In summary we need the following for volunteers:
- Canucks game 10 – 15 parents (or older siblings as long as they are over 19 years old). If you wish to volunteer please contact me as soon as possible. – DONE!
- Hot dog sales: 1 person in charge plus 2-3 people per day x 2 days – DONE!
- Bottle drive: 1 person in charge, and as many parents and students as possible (the more we have the better) – STILL NEED PARENT VOLUNTEERS!
- Pub night: 4 parents to pick up raffle prizes from businesses (prior to pub night) 4 to sell 50/50 tickets, 2-3 to assist with events on the night. STILL NEED PARENT VOLUNTEERS!
- Car wash/Hanging Basket Sales and Organizing: as many parents as possible and all students! 🙂 STILL NEED PARENT VOLUNTEERS!
- Dry Grad – Parent Volunteer Supervision – STILL NEED PARENT VOLUNTEERS!
If you have any questions please contact me at:
Thanks so much, have a great weekend and hopefully see you at the next meeting.
Tamara Gardner — 2019 dry grad chair
(There has been a name change so it is now called Career Life Connections – this title will show up on your transcript)
You can now get started on the required assignments. Please follow the steps below to access the district moodle site where you will log on to see and complete your assignments:
- Go to the Garibaldi Website. ( gss.sd42.ca )
- Along the top tabs click on SD42 Moodle.
- Click on Garibaldi Secondary. (Below is a picture of what the page looks like)
- There will now be a list of courses: click on Grad Transitions.
- You will now see the log in page. (Picture of the log in is below) Follow the instructions: Fill in your student number and your password that you use to log on to computers in SD42.
- After you log in you will have to enter an enrolment key which is: grad2019
- You should now see the current assignment list and you can now begin your first Grad Transitions/Career Life Connections assignment.
GSS Career Centre Twitter Page: @GSSCareer (scholarships, post-secondary and volunteer & paid work.
Please check the Garibaldi Secondary’s Info Facebook page