Are you ready to apply to a post secondary institution? If so then go to ApplyBC now! It is a centralized, online application service open to anyone wanting to apply for admission to a post-secondary institution in British Columbia (public only!). For answers to frequently asked questions about ApplyBC, go to the Help link.
How to write a Personal Profile for your UBC Application: https://you.ubc.ca/applying-ubc/how-to-apply/personal-profile/
What do I do after I apply?
Watch for correspondence from the post secondary’s you applied to:
- It is important information that may come via email or post
- Read and understand it; follow any/all directions it contains
- If you are unsure about its content, get help – ask your parent or a school counsellor for their interpretation
- Oftentimes, it contains a conditional acceptance but there are still steps you must take in the application process
- Your registration/course selections date, time and instructions will likely come via correspondence – don’t miss this or you risk not getting the courses you want!
Self-Report your Grades
- Each post secondary has a ‘time window’ for this
- Self-report within each the ‘time window’ for each post secondary you’ve applied to (if you miss this you risk not being accepted or not getting into the program of your choice)
Scholarships, Bursaries & Awards post secondary’s offer
- Find out which ones you’re eligible to apply to, for each post secondary you’ve chosen
- Find out how to apply (some are automatic & based on admissions averages; some require a separate application for each award; some have one application for many awards)
- Apply by their due date – which is often the same as their early admissions deadline (NOTE: UBC’s is earlier than their admissions deadline)
- Priority for on-campus housing is often given to first year students
- Deadlines for booking housing are often the same date as early admissions
- Once you have chosen THE post secondary you definitely will attend, find out the date of their Orientation Day for New Students
- ATTEND IT!! Students who attend Orientation Events/Days are far more prepared to settle into their new “home” and focus on the content of their studies